Here are a few of the most special Thailand-related pages and videos we've found online. We hope you'll find them interesting.
- Thai Life Through the Lens
- Photographer Marc Schulz captures Thailand, and particularly rural Thai life, with remarkable insight and beauty in this engaging narrated slide show.
- Teak Logging With Elephants In Siam 1925 (YouTube Video)
- Outstanding early footage of "Elephants a pilin' Teak", very much in keeping with one of the themes of our hotel. "In the sludgy squdgy creek—they are equally efficient" (we love the captioning too!)
- "Serene Siam" - Documentary from 1937 (YouTube Video)
- An American documentary presenting a "panorama of life" in a land where "12 million souls live their lives apparently at peace with nature". Interesting footage of Hualamphong Railway Station, traditional dance, and the waterways of Bangkok (in a land where, according to the narrator, "the construction of roads would not be practical").
- Trams and Colonial Architecture in Bangkok (YouTube Video)
- Undated footage of (long gone) trams operating in Bangkok, and passing along various boulevards with colonial architecture. Notice also the rickshaws, some motorised, but others pulled by wallahs.
- Chiang Mai 24/7 (Power Point Slideshow)
- And finally, our own tribute in images and music to the city which sustains us.